Monday, October 30, 2006

Intruducing my brother and my mom to climbing



I spent an awesome weekend with my mother and my brother in Grenoble. It felt great to be with my family again. As promised long ago, I went climbing with my brother in St. Paincrasse (le Luisset), my mother came along to read a book and watch us climb. I eventually convinced her to try it too. I think they really liked it, because later that day when I asked them what they want to do the next day, my mother said: "I wouldn't mind to go climbing tomorrow again." Very diplomatic, but I got the message. My brother and I didn't "mind" either - it was settled - we went climbing to the Bastille (Failaise du Père Gras). You'll find pictures from both crags in my foto album. I'm particularly proud of my mum, I mean, how many mums out there would go climbing with you? My brother, Felix, basically kicks ass in any sport he does, so it didn't surprise me that he made a lot of progress in those two days. It's been great spending some time with my family, too bad my father couldn't come.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Sounds great! I want my parents to come as well! Maybe visitning cafes and restaurants are more their cup of tea, but still...

salut