Friday, May 11, 2007

Châteauvert Video

I uploaded another video to YouTube. This time Dani captured me on camera when I red pointed my most overhanging route so far. David belayed me and did an amazing job in instructing and motivating me throughout the route. It's a 6c+ called Tintinguette in Châteauvert. A fantastic route! It starts off with some pretty hard moves, very technical, with a difficult dead-point into a two finger pocket. Then I take a short rest and get into the most powerful move. A very long move in the roof, where I have to get further and further right on a bad hold, till it finally gets good enough to continue. Then straight up into the hole in the ceiling where I jam my knee, to take a rest before the final moves. I love the hole, feels so great when you know you've done the hardest moves and can take a rest with your feet in there and you hanging out of that orifice. After a short rest I get out of the hole, only a few moves to go...