Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Trois Pucelles below freezing point


Well, one day after my last post this might sound like I did this just for the pictures... Anyway(s), today I did a multi pitch at the Trois Pucelles. A marvelous climbing site next to Grenoble. You can check out the pictures I took at my webalbum; you might also want to have a look at the the older pictures (I have been there before), that way you can see this crag from two different perspectives.
The route we chose was real nice, but it was so damn cold! There were icicles in the route! Snow everywhere and not the slightest sign of melting. The sun helped a bit, but when she was gone. My fingers got so cold, I couldn't feel anything. When I touched the rock or the metal of my quick draws there was no difference in temperature.
Well, in the end we made it too the summit, got back to the car with the last rays of light, where a snack awaited us... It was a great day.

2 comments:

Fifoxtasy said...

Oups! I was talking about those old pictures of Les Trois Pucelles, but I didn't upload them for some reason. Anyway, did it now :P

Unknown said...

That looks like a GREAT view!