Thursday, October 04, 2007

Topo Khaplu, Pakistan

Je me suis évanoui! is the name of a route Romain Girault and I established in Khaplu (Kghaplu), Baltisan, Pakistan. It was the first time I did a first ascent of a route - a real adventure. Moreover the route was quite difficult, we gave it a 6b and there were to aided moves A1 that I couldn't free climb. If I would have had the choice I wouldn't have chosen a route that difficult for my first establishment, but hey that's the catch you don't know what to expect - you stand in front of about 300 meters of rock that has never been climbed before, you got no information at all. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, wasn't a walk in the park.

I lead all the pitches in traditional style, meaning that I used friends and stoppers to protect the route, no bolts 'n spits.
For more details and info: Link to the Topo
Topo images

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ach... ganz oben hättest aber schon die überhängende route nehmen können ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks great:-)
Didn't say anything about your fall though.. Would've liked to hear that story again:-)

Erik

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with my former flatmate :)...it really looks great. Looking forward to hear the story about the fall and many others on skype as soon as I get proper internet.

Alex

Anonymous said...

Very interesting topo!

Thank you to map-it on Alpinaut.com topos database.